Along the way I discovered several other reading challenges including In Their Shoes Reading Challenge (reading biographies, autobiographies, and memoirs),the Book Awards Reading Challenge (reading books that have won awards), the Themed Reading Challenge (4 books about any theme between January and June), To Be Read Challenge, Book Around the World, Africa Reading Challenge, and others.
Here is my list of eight genres for now:
- Biographies (to meet In Their Shoes Challenge as well)
- Fantasies (Mythopaeic Awards Challenge)
- Books about world religions (can be fiction or non-fiction but primarily non-fiction)
- Books previously purchased and not yet read (there are boxes and shelves of these)
- One book from each of the 10 Dewey sections (will overlap with other sections)
- Books about other continents and cultures (Books Around the World/African Reading Challenge).