Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dewey Reading

I recently finished The Grammar of Our Civility, my selected book for the Dewey 400s. This book was not the inspiring read that Climbing Parnassus was. Perhaps if I had read this title first, I might feel differently. In many ways this book emphasized why classical studies are in the state they are instead of why studying the classics are an important area of study.

Having focused much of my recent reading on non-fiction, I have turned to lighter reading and began the Cat Who books yesterday. I'm finding the reading challenge good in that my reading is focused, but I'm finding it hard to avoid dipping into the books that cross my path particularly related to daily life issues. As always, reading for my class, although enjoyable, vies for attention among all of my other reading interests.

No comments: