Friday, June 27, 2008

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I've been meaning to post for some time about a variety of exciting life happenings. However, as the time has passed the events have been exciting in a variety of ways--not all good. So here goes the run down.

The Good:
1. The best news that has happened recently is my husband got a new job as a library director. We've been really excited about this mostly because he won't have such a long commute any more which should have a positive impact on our family life.
2. In early June we went on vacation. We had a good time staying in a nice resort/lodge. We had a two room apartment with kitchen which was really nice. We intend to stay there again and will investigate similar lodging for future travel.
3. DS will go to pre-school at the local elementary school in the fall. At first I was disappointed he wouldn't go to the church pre-school, but I've decided this will actually be really good because it is daily and free.
4. DD is finally starting to read. I think she could before, but she's finally showing more interest and doing quite well.

The Bad:
1. Nothing too awfully bad is going on except that we're tired and my to-do list is longer than it should be. I have lots of books I want to read and have to read that I'm not getting to. I also have lots of house projects (see below) that I want to do but I'm not getting to. I had also hoped to pursue more recreational opportunities over the summer. I'd really like to learn to play golf and tennis but it's not going to happen this year.
2. Anyway, all of the above items plus the items below at times contribute to a low disposition, but I have to remind myself that it could be much worse.

The Ugly:
1. When we arrived home from vacation, our downstairs carpet was soggy wet. It turns out the power had gone out in our subdivision and nearly everyone's sump pumps failed. So we had to have the carpet pulled. This means our belongings are in the garage which is truly ugly.
2. Things in the garage and the downstairs being a mess has had a domino effect on the rest of the house. I'd really like to clean and sort, but we can't put anything in the attic or the garage for storage.
3. Our new carpet won't be in until sometime around August 1. The good part is that we've been needing to fix up the downstairs anyway and I'm committed to only bringing in half of what's currently in the garage.

No comments: