Saturday, April 10, 2010

So Many Things To Do

Spring is here! This year I am really itching to get out and plant a garden. I've been reading about Lasagna Gardening and am really excited about the possibilities. I've also started a compost pile with an old garbage can, but it's not doing too much yet. It's a work in progress. I've also been reading about worm composting and think the kids would really enjoy that activity. They thought it was cool when we found an earthworm when we pulled a weed yesterday. However, I think I need to hold off on the worms until I get some other things figured out. One step at a time.

Unfortunately, spring is also just really busy. I usually take a class in the spring time which means I have papers and work to finish. Also May is so busy that it seems each Saturday is gone. An added task this year is that I really want to get the garage cleaned out. I think I might have to get my garden started first and then finish the garage. Now I just need to finish deciding what to plant. If I'm not careful I think I'd be prone to turn the entire yard into a garden.

No comments: