Sunday, March 20, 2016

Where Is Your Hope?

During the current election year, I'm reminded of the hymn "My Hope is Built."

My hope is built on nothing less

than Jesus and his righteousness.

I dare not trust the sweetest frame,

but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand

All other ground is sinking sand,

All other ground is sinking sand.

I'm reminded that as believers our hope must be firmly placed on Christ and built on what He has done for us. Humankind has accomplished many things, but none of them measure up to the ultimate sacrifice made by Christ. Too often, we place our hope on the right political leader, right educational qualifications, or whatever "right" set of circumstances come we feel are needed to accomplish the task at hand. While I long and pray for peace in the world and in our country, I know that peace can only be found through Christ. No matter who wins the presidential nominations, the election in November or anything else that may seem important, build your hope on Christ.

No comments: