Sunday, March 8, 2015

Finding Freedom in Doing God's Will

"Let a man set his heart only on doing the will of God and he is instantly free."--A. W. Tozer The Pursuit of God.

This quote appeared as part of a larger section on my perpetual desk calendar this past week. The portion printed above has been gnawing at my brain all week. Like many individuals, I frequently succumb to bouts of what if, should have done, could have done, should do, or could do. For me, these questions frequently center around choices I have made about my children, their education, my working outside the home, and what I can alter from this point forward. These are all areas where individuals and families make a variety of choices depending on their own circumstances which have no one right or wrong answer. I've recently been wrestling with some of these issues again--particularly in light of other recent life experiences and changing priorities.

This quote has helped to bring focus and clarity to some of the questions with which I've been wrestling. While I can't say they have all been answered, these words are a great reminder that the will of God must be the primary focus for a believer. While knowing God's will is not always easy, I can know without any hesitation that time spent teaching and training my children and others in the Word, feeding my own soul on the riches of scripture and God's presence, helping to promote God's desire of having worshipers from every language and people group is always the right thing to do. And that has indeed been a very freeing realization.

No comments: