Saturday, August 16, 2008

Summer 2008

My summer has passed by too quickly with absolutely nothing productive to show for it. I've done a few things but not nearly to the extent I would have liked. Even for a Librarian Mom, my reading has been minimal at best. Lately I've been feeling particularly glum. I wish I could put my finger on why I feel that way so I could do something about it. I think it mostly has to do with summer ending, school starting next week, and my general unproductiveness.

In light of my summer failings, I intend to do better in the fall. I need to be more consistent in after schooling with both kids. I plan to reinstate the family menu schedule to bring more consistency to our meals and less running through the drive through or making whatever comes in a box that is in the cupboard. I really need to work on better home maintenance. I have to admit it really isn't something I enjoy, but it does make a difference in how I feel and interact with my family. Hopefully, having a more intentional plan and schedule will help on a variety of fronts. Including the things I've mentioned above, I need to get back on an workout plan, eat better, have more consistent devotions, and find time to do the gazillion things that I would like to do.

Consistency seems to be the theme that runs through the above paragraph. I really need to work on a stop doing list for at home in order to regain time to be the wife, mother, and person I would like to be.

No comments: