Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The case of the missing present

Well, here it is Christmas Eve and I have spent the majority of my day looking for a lost present. It was the first present I bought for my children this year and I have turned all of the places where I typically hide present upside down without success. Frustrated doesn't even begin to cover my feelings. I'm really nervous that it might have gotten thrown out while I was cleaning my closet one day. I sure hope not, but at this point in time I just don't know. Fortunately, since we don't typically open all of our presents on Christmas day, I have time to find it or if needed get a replacement item (Ugh!). In the past we have opened presents on each of the 12 days of Christmas and have also waited until Epiphany/Orthodox Christmas to open all of the presents. We still haven't decided which tactic we are using this year.

Our observance of Advent has been less focused than in previous years and our decorating for Christmas has been more minimalist than usual. In some ways one contributed to the other and our lack of decorating was caused by the heap of stuff that is still in the garage from our June flood. I hope that perhaps the next few days off will allow us to address those items.

No comments: