Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Word for 2019

For several years now, choosing a Word of the Year has been one of those "New Year" things that many people tend to do. While I had flirted with the idea of choosing a word for the year previously, I will confess I have not experienced success with selecting a word that stuck with me and impacted my daily life. So, as December rolled around I saw where several friends chose their word of the year and several bloggers I follow had a series of blogs about choosing your word of the year. Given my previous experiences I did not sit down with determination to select a word but allowed the idea to germinate as I considered other potential "New Year" goals.

Before Christmas I drove to St. Louis for the day. While driving down the interstate, I had a word pop into my mind that really resonated with me. Over the last two weeks, I have continued to mull over and consider this word as a possible word for the year. I have found the word "Intentional" is quite applicable to the other goals I have for the coming year. So during 2019 I plan to be intentional about life rather than just letting life happen. So, there will be some "go with the flow" because sometimes there has to be and that it will be an intentional choice not to make a fuss about something. I plan to be intentional about what I do, how I spend my time, what I put into my life in terms of physical, spiritual, and mental nourishment, and what I put into other people by speaking and writing positively. Intentional sums up my attitude and plans for 2019 yet does not pigeon hole what I plan to do.

As we begin a new year, a fresh start, and all those things, do you have a word for your year? Are you planning to pursue specific plans or goals? Share a comment describing your word, goals, or plans.

No comments: