Sunday, September 8, 2019

Life Update

While this space most frequently hosts book reviews, I thought readers may enjoy a peak into my life and our family beyond the books.

My husband is also a librarian and works in a public library. He is also a doctoral student and is starting his dissertation phase. Outside of school and work, he is active as a Master Naturalist and in other community activities.

My daughter has started her senior year of high school. That means that we are in the midst of college applications, scholarship applications, and auditions in addition to all of the usual activities. My plan is to enjoy the year as much as possible as we celebrate a variety of "lasts" but also look forward to many new opportunities.

On the other hand, my son has just started his freshman year. So, we are enjoying many high school firsts particularly as he is involved in different classes and some different extra-curricular activities than my daughter.

As my blog biography indicates, I'm a librarian at a small private Christian university. Outside of work, my time is spent being supportive of my family, community activities including being a 4-H leader and BSA advancement coordinator, and church. I enjoy reading a wide variety of books and sharing them with you. This year I did head back to the classroom as I am enrolled in Biblical Greek. As such, my posts and book reviews may be less frequent.

No comments: