Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Add Library Extension to your favorite browser!

If your book buying habit is out of control and you need to be thrifty, you need Library Extension in your life. Library Extension is a great little App that lives in your browser. Any time you are looking at a book via Amazon, Barnes and Noble, GoodReads or any other site, Library Extension will show you if that book is available at the libraries you have added to your list and includes a link to Borrow the book which allows you to pull up the book in the catalog and find the call number or request it.

For example, I have my Library Extension set up to look for books at the library where I work, the public library in my community, and the academic library consortium I utilize. I just discovered that my public library's consortium is now included in Library Extension as well so I've added that as well. When I see a book mentioned, I can look it up and borrow on the spot or add to my "to request later list" instead of purchasing. Until recently, Library Extension was only available in the Chrome store but now this great little tool is available for FireFox as well. Now you can use Library Extension where ever you like.

No comments: